Kempsey Shire Council have issued a flood update at 12.35pm on Tuesday.
Armidale Road landslip
Armidale Road at Nook Creek Road has reopened under traffic control. A significant landslip had blocked the road and there was a risk of further slippage. Work is underway to clear the road.
Roads affected by flooding
- Sherwood BridgeView Sherwood Bridge flood camera (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
- Bellbrook, Toorooka, Temagog, Turners Flat and Sherwood Bridges should have all emerged overnight but will have silt and debris on them. Council work crews are currently checking them to remove debris. They should not be crossed until they have been cleared.
- Dungay Creek Road is open but there is water over the causeway approx. 0.2m deep
- Gladstone Street, West Kempsey railway underpass is closed
- Old Aerodrome Road is closed (no report)
- Euroka Road is closed (no report)
- Saleyards Road is closed
- Maria River Road is closed
There may be water over or adjacent to other roads - proceed with caution.
Macleay River levels
Location and height:
- Bellbrook Bridge 2.75m at 6:09am
- Toorooka Bridge 3.02m at 6:06am
- Turners Flat Bridge 3.16m at 5:00am
- Sherwood Bridge Gauge malfunctioning
- Kempsey Traffic Bridge 1.99m at 5:45am
- Smithtown 1.34m at 5:15am
Residents and visitors are urged to remain cautious on the roads for localised impacts and not attempt to drive through floodwaters or cross flooded bridges.