A fire charred the store room at Dalaigur Preschool at about 1pm today.
The blaze, which originated in the store room destroyed equipment and gutted the space.
NSW Fire and Rescue crews, including a pump and rescue tanker from Kempsey, as well as a HAZMAT team from Port Macquarie, attended the scene.
On their arrival, flames and smoke were billowing from the rear roller door.
Captain Tony Hackenberg said a team wearing breathing apparatus entered with one line of hose and extinguished the blaze.
An ambulance was on hand to assess the staff and children who had earlier been evacuated.
Fortunately, nobody sustained burns, smoke inhalation or injuries of any kind.
A crew from Essential Energy also attended to ensure there was no further electrical hazard.
Captain Hackenberg would not speculate as to what started the blaze.
NSW Fire and Rescue have now handed the site over to the appropriate insurance authorities to conduct their investigation.