About Our Client
The Office of the National Data Commissioner is currently progressing legislation to create the national regulator for Australian Government data sharing. This will provide the framework for the safe and effective sharing of data that enables agencies and research groups to improve services for all Australians. You will be assisting in building a new regulator as we prepare to operationalise the Data Availability and Transparency (DAT) Bill 2020 currently before Parliament and layer in detailed regulatory guidance and systems. In this role, you will be an employee of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, assigned to support the National Data Commissioner which will become a statutory role on passage of the DAT Bill. Your responsibilities will involve developing regulatory compliance policy and procedures for complaints and conciliation, investigations and assessments that underpin the data sharing scheme and putting them into practice.
* producing policy analysis and advice relating to the new data sharing scheme
* assisting with developing and implementing processes and guidance material for the new scheme
* maintaining and developing relationships across the APS and with external stakeholders
* drafting and coordinating Ministerial and committee briefing material
* assisting with the development of an accreditation process
* assessing applications from entities to become accredited users of data under the new scheme
* undertaking a range of tasks to monitor compliance with the new scheme
* providing advice and training to stakeholders
* managing the administration of contracted staff and assisting with procurement.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and expertise for that role (our ideal candidate in the recruitment package)
* experience or understanding of implementing legislative schemes, including through the development of guidance materials.
* experience or understanding implementing regulatory policy and processes, or making regulatory decisions
* experience or understanding of data governance or data management practices and policy.
We are looking for motivated and organised professionals who are:
* are skilled policy thinkers and problem solvers who can get across the details quickly
* have strong written communication skills and can quickly craft clear, consistent and logical documents, tailored to a variety of audiences
* are team players who can create strong, productive relationships with colleagues and collaborate
* have good judgement and can make sound decisions within legislative and regulatory contexts
* are able to anticipate and respond to the needs of a range of stakeholders
* are motivated and organised professionals, who thrive in a busy and changing environment
What's on Offer