Your new company
This federal government exists to meet the Nation’s commitment to care for our veteran and defence service community—the men and women who have served Australia in times of war and conflict as well as peacetime. We do this through programs of care, compensation, commemoration, income support and Defence support services. Our aim is to ensure enhanced self-sufficiency, quality of life, financial wellbeing and community recognition for those we support.
This federal government agency have strong relationships with Australian ex-service organisations, the Department of Defence, the international veteran community and international veterans’ administrations.
This agencies vision is to be a responsive and flexible organisation, efficiently delivering high quality, connected services to all generations of veterans and the wider veteran community.
Your new role
In accordance with the principles of workplace diversity, Work Health and Safety, participate work practices, APS values and APS Employment Principles the Social Worker will :
- Provide high quality clinical services including evidence based individual counselling to staff within the Sydney and Hobart Client Benefits Division in response to workplace stressors .
- Support staff when having to conduct difficult conversations with clients by telephone.
- Run skills development sessions in both individual and small groups including, but not limited to:
- Dealing with stress and anxiety
- Anger management
- Managing difficult clients
- Responding to clients with mental health impairments
- Assertiveness skills
- Participation in program evaluation and research activities, contributing to project management activities that implement strategic direction and quality improvement recommendations, and provide feedback for ongoing development of clinical policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and strong working relationships with a variety of business groups within the Client Benefits Division and the wider DVA.
- Collect and catalogue quantitative and qualitative data in order to evaluate trends, effectiveness of supports provided and external support referrals .
- Participation in, and contribution to, ongoing learning and development activities and maintenance of professional status.
- Applying the principles of cooperative and safe working practices consistent with APS Values and the Department’s mission, vision, approach and values.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skill
- Self motivated
- Qualifications must be that of a n Accredited Social Worker or Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Formal accreditation with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), either as an Accredited Social Worker or Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
What you'll get in return
- Competitive rate of $60/hour
- Full time role, 6-month contract initially (with the view to extend)
- Sydney CBD location - 5 mins from Central Station
- Work from home and in office options
- You will be joining a well-regarded Federal Government agency which supports ADF Veterans
- Participate in a collaborative and supportive team
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
Linda McGovern D: +61 (0)2 8860 1693
E: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
LHS 297508 #2587385