Role: Assistant Director
Location: North Shore & Northern Beaches Sydney
Centre: Goodstart Lane Cove
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment and a promise we make to our children, our families and each other every day.
We’re Goodstart – a not-for-profit with a vision for Australia’s children to have the best possible start in life.
As the Assistant Director at Goodstart Lane Cove, you will support the Centre Director in the day-to-day management of the Service and to step up into the Centre Director position in their absence.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to support the Centre Director in leading, motivating and driving best practice at the Centre.
You will establish respectful and reciprocal relationships with families and engage in networks within the centre’s local community.
About the Centre:
Goodstart Lane Cove is a 59 Place Service, conveniently located in the heart of Lane Cove, catering for children from 15 months to 5 years of age. Our Centre is spacious both inside and out, offering an abundance of learning tools across two large classrooms and two well-shaded yards.
We have a wonderful team of highly trained and qualified educators who work in partnership with our families to develop children to be life-long learners. Our team is passionate about the role they play in the children’s lives and are dedicated to providing a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment.
You’ll help achieve this by:
- Having a Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- Having excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Having strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Having the commitment to ensuring the health and safety of the children
- Having the ability to maintain an environment for the children and employees that is compliant with Goodstart’s Safety Policy
- Having the ability to work harmoniously as part of a team
- Having the availability to work a rotating roster
What Goodstart can offer you:
- Job security and stability
- Professional development and training
- Paid Well-being days
- Paid Parental Leave
- Competitive above award rates
- Tax benefits through salary packaging
- Employee Assistance Program
- Uniform allowance
- Childcare discounts (from 15 - 30%)
If you have previous experience as a Assistant Director or Senior Educator or in a centre leadership position, or similar, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team. #gscentredirector