Our client, a well regarded NFP, has asked us to assist them with sourcing a SIL Specialist (Authorised Program Officer) to undertake a newly created role in the Gippsland region.
This role may be based out of the either their Warragul or Traralgon offices, and some work can also be completed at home. Being a newly created role, this is an opportunity to make it your own, drawing on your expertise in a similar position.
This role is central to the team operated the 3 SIL houses in region to ensure that participants are best supported in living their lives.
This will include tasks such as :
- Providing advice and oversight to recruiting , rostering and training of Support Workers, SIL / ILO quoting, setting up of new programs, practice support for complex work.
- Undertaking the APO function for the region you will need to ensure that all restrictive practices are reported appropriately and provide CDS staff with advice and support related to assisting CDS participants who present with behaviours of concern.
- Collaboration with with internal and external stakeholders such as NDIA, other disability service providers, families and health professionals.
- Working as part of the leadership team to foster and maintain a cohesive and collaborative culture across the service.
To undertake this role experience the following is required:
• Relevant tertiary qualifications and/ or demonstrated experience in mental health, disability or similar service
• NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) Worker Orientation Module Certificate is mandatory prior to commencement: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
• Current Driver’s Licence and the ability to undertake regular travel
• Satisfactory Police Records Check
• Working with Children’s Check – Blue Card
• Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme
• NDIS Workers Screening Check – Yellow Card
• Child Safety and Personal History Screening Check (Licensed Care Service) – can be applied through Wellways as part of the onboarding process
• Right to work within Australia
• Appropriate IT Skills
• Available to participate in out of hours activities, as required, to deliver on key role requirements and outcomes
The role is paid in line with the SCHADS award at 5 - level according to experience. On top of this is super and generous salary packaging.
Please apply via this advertisement
Any questions can be emailed to email@example.com or call for a confidential discussion non 0448 911 257 or 9900 6403