Childcare Chef | Delacombe
- Own your Space - Take pride in your brand new and fully equipped kitchen!
- Be Creative - Create your own menu.
- Work Life Balance - Receive consistent, set shifts
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform, external training and short courses.
- Networking Opportunities – Collaborate with, and build relationships across the journey community through centre visits, events and networking opportunities.
- Paid Birthday Leave – Celebrate your special day on us!
- Paid Annual Volunteer Day – Giving you something that gives back.
- Financial Benefits - Gain access to generous childcare discounts, referral programmes up to $250 and more!
Journey Early Learning Delacombe is a brand-new purpose-built centre that is due to open in November 2021. Catering for 120 children, from birth to five, Delacombe has been architecturally designed to inspire imagination and curiosity.
Our Centre Manager, Beth, has had over 20 years of experience working in the Early Childhood sector and believes that all children deserve a positive experience when attending an Early Learning Service. Beth is passionate about providing children with opportunities to engage in high-quality learning programmes focused on building life skills and knowledge. For Beth, it is important that the Early Learning Service is a place where children, families, and educators feel safe, connected, and supported.
We are building a team on the foundations of connection, communication and consideration with an inspiring and knowledgeable Centre Manager who focuses on offering continuous support and opportunities to each member of the team. We pride ourselves on building connections with neighbours, schools, local businesses, and community organisations.
About Your New Role:
As our new Childcare Chef, it is your role to plan and prepare nutritionally balanced and delicious meals inline with our Wholesome Child menu that consists of all meals and snacks. Working set hours across Monday to Friday, you will prepare menus designed by paediatric nutritionist, Mandy Sacher, accommodating to the dietary requirements and allergies for all children at the centre.
You will be creative and adventurous in the kitchen with a strong passion for nutrition, sustainability and incorporating your kitchen into the rooms. You will work as part of the centre team, building strong relationships with educators, children, and families.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Following and displaying the Wholesome Child menu
- Ensuring that food provisions are purchased in accordance with the menu and budget requirements.
- Ensuring that the presentation of meals is appetising and appealing to all children
- Carrying out health, hygiene, and safety procedures according to Child Care Regulations, Occupational Safety and Health Legislations, Duty of Care and the Centre policy and procedure documents.
- Consulting families regarding the nutritional requirements for their children.
- Work as an effective team member and within your defined position description
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Current Valid Working with Children Check
- Current Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery or working towards is desirable
- Demonstrated commitment to providing healthy, nutritious meals for children of all ages
- Current Asthma, Anaphylaxis and First Aid Certificates
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.