Your new company
My client are a global leader within the automotive and retail space and they are currently on the lookout for a Controlling Business Partner to join their team in the Melbourne CBD. This is a permanent opportunity and we are looking for someone who is wanting to stay with the company long term.
Your new role
As the Controlling Business Partner, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring accuracy of the General Ledger and Profit and Loss accounts for related cost centres.
- Reviewing accounts and approving journals entries and preparation of reporting requirements.
- Reviewing all the retail balance sheet reconciliations within required timeframes (ensuring accurate sales reporting).
- Highlighting and anomalies, acting as an escalation point for retail accountants to ensure issues are addressed ASAP.
- Business partner with cross functions to provide accounting support and guidance.
- Work closely with FP&A teams to assist with forecasting and reporting functions.
- Preparing retail incentive models, accruals and payments.
- Monitoring retail month end close P&L balance sheet estimates and other projection or forecasts as required.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure continual communications.
- Providing accounting support, ensuring continual communications with relevant customers.
- Process improvement, continually assisting teams in process improvement initiatives and support critical projects.
What you'll need to succeed
- 5 Years' accounting experience
- Strong exposure to group reporting and consolidation processes.
- Business Partnering experience.
- Experience in dealing with shared services.
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting standards
- SAP exposure
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Open minded to fast-paced and changing environments and capability to work with off-shore teams.
What you'll get in return
- Great salary package.
- Convenient CBD location.
- WFH Flexibility (1 day a week).
- Career Progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2563332