Educational Leader | Indooroopilly
About Your New Role:
As our Educational Leader, you will hold an influential role in inspiring, motivating, affirming, and extending the practice and pedagogy of educators across the centre. In partnership with the Centre Manager and team, you will endeavour to involve inquiry and reflection to positively impact the important work and connections with children and families.
This role will be 37.5 hours across Monday to Friday.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Bringing the Journey Values of connection, communication and consideration to life and reflect this in everyday practice.
- Ability to adhere to Journey’s child safe policy and code of conduct
- Bringing the Journey Standards to life while ensuring all team members understand and are following these.
- Develop and monitor individual and group coaching plans.
- Monitor and approve centre Storypark posts
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the centres Quality Improvement Plan (QIP)
- Role modelling, driving, supporting, and reflecting on agreed practice
- Engaging with families and the community
- Conducting and supporting professional conversations
- Being an active member of the Centre Leadership Team
- Guiding and participating in the Lead Educator meetings.
- A demonstrated commitment to providing a safe, caring, non-judgemental and supportive environment for all children and their families
- A demonstrated ability to adhere to and understand the ECA code of Ethics and the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours while engaging with children
- Experience leading and guiding a team
- ACECQA Approved Diploma in Children’s Services or bachelor’s degree (Early Education) or, working towards
- Current Working with Children Check
- First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma Certificates
- Full Rights to Work in Australia
- State-specific Teachers Registration
- Ongoing Professional Development - Exclusive access to our internal professional development platform – Journey Academy, external training and short courses.
- Networking Opportunities – Collaborate with, and build relationships across the journey community through centre visits, events and networking opportunities.
- Paid Team Meetings – Be paid for your time and commitment to Journey
- Uniforms Provided – Receive annually updated uniforms to keep you looking fresh and feeling great
- Get Paid Weekly – Maintain your finances with weekly pay.
- Paid Birthday Leave – Celebrate your special day on us!
- Anniversary Gift – We value and recognise our people for their commitment and contribution.
- Freshly made meals – Enjoy our ‘Wholesome Child’ menu and nourish your body with delicious meals & snacks.
- Paid Annual Volunteer Day – Giving you something that gives back
- High-Quality Resources & Environments - Our environments spark creation, inspiration and pure joy in educators, families and visitors
Journey Early Learning Indooroopilly is a beautiful centre where children aged from six weeks to six years of age will make a positive start to a life of learning, development, growth, and opportunity. Our centre is conveniently located close to Indooroopilly shopping centre, just off Moggill road. Originally a church, our centre is unique and custom-built to inspire curiosity and wonder in our children and educators.
Our Centre Manager, Sue has worked in the sector for over 13 years and through-out her career, she has had the opportunity to work closely with every age group and within many different roles. Sue believes that working in partnership with families helps to support children reach their full potential, so ensuring that families feel valued and respected is at the forefront of her mind.
Journey Indooroopilly is dedicated to providing the very best in early education and care for our children and families. It is our responsibility to do all we can to optimise a child's experience during their time with us.
About Journey Early Learning:
At Journey Early Learning, we aim to create an environment that is safe, secure and homely, where everyone feels welcome. Our future is one filled with endless possibilities and growth opportunities, and together, we’ve developed an educational approach that is inspiring, stimulating and encouraging.
When it comes to early learning, our educators have a vital role to play. Journey educators are passionate, considerate, educated, inspirational and welcoming. Our educators understand that learning is a journey and enjoy developing deeper connections with children, families, and the wider community.
Every journey must begin somewhere, and yours begins right here. Apply today!
Journey Early Learning…where it all begins.
Journey Early Learning promotes the safety, wellbeing, and inclusion of all children, including those with a disability, from a culturally or linguistically diverse background. We are committed to the safety, participation, and empowerment of all children.