Educational Leader – Goodstart Somerville
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Educator to help our centre achieve high quality education for our children by performing the role of Educational Leader.
Goodstart Early Learning Child Care Centre Somerville is located in the Goldfields, close to local schools, shops and community facilities. We are the only Goodstart centre in the region and as such we pride ourselves on the quality of childcare and early learning we provide. Our programs give children a strong sense of identity and well-being, meaning they are well placed to become confident and involved learners.
We acknowledge that children learn in a variety of ways and vary in their capabilities and pace of learning. We encourage children to have fun in a safe, secure and well supervised environment. We make sure that we build strong friendships with families and include them in all our special events.
Our centre was assessed by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and we received an overall rating of ‘Exceeding’. This process is a National Framework, which rates all Childcare Centres across Australia against the National Quality Standards.
- Friendly and Supportive Team with large national head office support
- We pay highly competitive salaries above the national award rates
- Ongoing professional development and opportunities which include secondments to rural communities and up skilling programs
- Career opportunities and paid learning and development
- Employee benefits including childcare discounts and professional development opportunities
- Purchase additional annual leave
- Bachelor or Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (ACECQA recognised qualifications)
- Strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Exceptional knowledge of safety and wellbeing
- Experienced in delivering a high quality program and practice
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of early childhood education
- Experience in Leading change in education
- Passionate educator who is driven by a desire to provide quality learning experiences
- Willingness to learn and be a part of the team
- Strong communication skills, reliable and punctual
If you have previous experience as a Senior Educator / Group Leader or in a centre leadership position or similar, then we want to meet you!
How to apply
- Click ‘Apply Now’ and submit your application.
We review applications as they are submitted, we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible for your best chance to progress to the next stage of the process.
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team