- Full time permanent role for 5 star luxury resort
- Subsidised furnished staff accommodation
- Staff perks - discounts on restaurants and activities!
- Fantastic work culture and supportive community
- Walk to work - forget city traffic
A well known Australian business in the hospitality industry. As one of Australia’s most popular holiday destinations, this 5 star luxury resort employs a large, diverse and skilled team of people - so there are plenty of opportunities for career growth and progression.
- Oversee the management of the Electrical Services department in all day-to-day operations, including the maintenance and operation of the electrical supply network, mainland power supply, generation plant, and airport lighting
- Oversee, and project manage the development and expansion of Hamilton Islands utilities infrastructure, ie electrical, water, gas, sewerage and irrigation water
- Oversee the overall technical quality, integrity and adequacy of electrical designs and systems ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations
- Maintain knowledge of the latest standards, legislation, products and practices relating to the relevant utilities to ensure compliance of the islands infrastructure
- Manage the contractual electricity supply agreements, and load curtailment agreements
- Participate and develop yearly budgets, schedules and all reports
- Prioritise all work to ensure urgent repairs and those required for guest comfort are attended to immediately
- All other priorities as directed by GM Engineering and Services, including disaster recovery tasks.
- Participate in on-call duties and or after hours works when required
The Electrical Engineer
Among the attributes we will be looking for, you must meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar qualification
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in Australia with engineering, installation, commissioning, fault finding and maintenance of HV and LV electrical distribution networks along with their associated protection and control systems - including SCADA and PLC systems
- Previous knowledge and experience with asset management databases
- Electrical Fitter Mechanic Trades Certificate
- Minimum 7 years full time Trade experience
- Previous experience in a managerial role
- QLD open / unrestricted driver’s license
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to be approved for and hold an Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC)
- Previous knowledge and experience with installation, commissioning, fault finding and maintenance of gas, water and/or sewerage infrastructure (Desirable)
- Management/project management qualifications (Desirable)
- Experience within the Tourism / Resort industry (Desirable)
If this sounds like you please submit your CV and covering letter as a single document via the link on this site. If you use LinkedIn to apply, please ensure your account settings allow a complete profile to be uploaded.
Feel free to call Andrew Thoseby should you have any questions on 0438
074 774 - we'd prefer to be looking at your CV when we speak to you.