Your new company
Situated a stone's throw away from the heart of Melbourne, this busy and well-known Local Council is home to various amenities such as cafes, restaurants and sporting facilities. They take pride in encouraging its local community to take responsibility and comply with the Public Health and Wellbeing Act within the municipality.
Our client offer great work life balance with flexible hours and reward staff for their achievements big or small. Also close to public transport as well as have a large car park where you’re guaranteed a spot.
Currently seeking an Environmental Health Officer to join on a temporary basis (initial 3 months) with the opportunity for extension.
Your new role
As an EHO, your primary duties will include some but are not limited to the below;
- Conduct inspections/audits at registered premises to ensure compliance with the Food Act 1984, Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 and other associated codes of practice
- Investigate alleged complaints and take appropriate action where required
- Develop and implement education programs to support and promote healthy communities
- General admin tasks
What you'll need to succeed
In addition to having excellent communication and time management skills, you will also have;
- Graduate Diploma of Environmental Health Practice (Swinburne) or the equivalent
- Experience working as an EHO/EHT for a Local Council
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with an attractive hourly rate, a friendly work environment and a chance to contribute to the local community. You will have an opportunity to work within a results orientated team providing enthusiastic leadership and communication. Starting out on a 3 month contract but with a view to extend for the right person. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in Local Council and experience job satisfaction
What you need to do now
To apply for the role please email your resume to Narissa.Tak@hays.com.au or call Narissa Tak on 0498 001 255 for further information
LHS 297508 #2521441