Your new company
A renowned firm, this company has won a number of awards for their products and has an uncontested reputation in the local market. This firm is focused on creating a family-feel between employees and they are focused on promoting the flexible and great work culture that they have worked so hard to develop. You will be surrounded by ethically-minded professionals who are experts in their field.
Your new role
You shall be a key member of the firm, you will work with a wide range of clients within the private and public sectors, assisting them to manage their exposures to credit risk and market risk. Using your outstanding analytical abilities, you will:
- Partner directly with clients, leading aspects of the work to develop data driven insights
- Conduct research & analysis to evaluate the extent and severity of financial risk
- Analyse the financial risk associated with specific transactions
- Make recommendations to reduce or control financial risk, which may involve different strategies
- Consider proposed business decisions, present ideas via reports and presentations, outline findings and make recommendations for improvements
- Forecast and monitor market trends
- Use your knowledge within the financial industry to undertake reviews of client processes to deliver improvements
- Utilise financial packages and software, including portfolio management software
- Study government legislation which may affect a company, and advise on compliance
- Coach, mentor and inspire junior members in the firm
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong attention to detail and thoroughness in following processes and procedure
- A proactive mindset and approach are a must, as is a curious mind and a thirst to learn
- An ability to turn data into actionable insights via a story
What you'll get in return
Corporate governance initiatives and a more restrictive and expensive insurance market have given financial risk analysts a higher profile within organisations. The importance of the role of financial risk professionals is increasingly being recognised, with risk managers gaining places at senior management level and as board members. This is a rare and highly sought after opportunity where you will be offered a senior position with an exceptional progression path and other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Gary at (02) 6112 7604 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this job isn't quite right for you though you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion and visit our website www.hays.com.au to review our current list of available positions.
LHS 297508 #2486666