Lead the delivery of a broad range of sexual health clinical services in a region known for its extraordinary natural beauty and relaxed lifestyle.
- Competitive salary package and benefits
- Provide leadership over a diverse and complex portfolio
- Fast-growing region conveniently located on the east coast of Australia
This Health Service provides a diverse range of public healthcare to over 300,000 residents across the district through 12 hospitals and multi-purpose services, 21 community health centres and other facilities.
The Sexual Health Service provides a range of sexual health services across the region including; information and education about sexually transmissible infections and safe sex; screening, treatment and management of sexually transmitted infections, counselling for sexual health related issues; and health promotion and education.
- As Medical Director - Sexual Health Service, you will provide leadership for HIV/Sexual Health Services and ensure the highest sustainable level of sexual health clinical services are delivered within the region
- You will ensure the provision of appropriate clinical management for patients including assessment for counselling, case management and other referrals
- You will have administrative line management of all Sexual Health Staff, and provide clinical support and governance for Sexual Health and HIV clinicians and professional support for GPs and other healthcare professionals across the region
- You will implement and maintain the provision of a level 3 Sexual Health Service
- Participate in relevant local and state leadership groups, partnerships, committees and other inter-departmental functions
- Promote a culture of clinical safety and innovation and participation in quality improvement programs
- On offer is a permanent full-time position
- Indicative remuneration package $300,000 - $370,000 per annum
- Generous leave entitlements
- Salary packaging
- Professional and personal development
- Research opportunities
- Live and work in a regional city offering a laid-back lifestyle with the convenience of a city; a thriving cultural scene, surrounded by the natural beauty of UNESCO World Heritage-listed national parks, hinterland villages and only a short drive to popular Byron Bay and beaches
- Educational services are well provided for with a large number of quality private and public schools, pre-schools and TAFE college
- Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) or eligible for Specialist registration
- Fellowship of Australasian Chapter of Sexual Health Medicine or recognised equivalent
- Demonstrated recent clinical experience in Sexual Health/HIV
- Demonstrated managerial and clinical governance experience
Elective Recruitment is a person-centred recruitment consultancy. Your career progression is just as important to us as is your wellbeing and work-life balance. By joining the Elective community you will receive career coaching, access to our deep knowledge of the Australian healthcare industry, our network of healthcare related educators and partners, our migration and regulatory advisor, and our relationships with public and private healthcare clients that have been established since 2008.
To join our exclusive Elective community, register today. For confidential enquiries contact Emma Gordon on +61 2 9137 4301 or apply now.