- Permanent Position
- Auckland NZ location
- Attractive Salary
Looking for an experienced Procurement & Materials Manager to work with Tier 1 Organisation on one of the largest Rail Projects in Auckland.
As a Procurement & Materials Manager you will have previous experience in a similar role who has an extensive knowledge of Asset Management, reliability, engineering, procurement standards and processes ideally in a rail or public transportation context The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Provide Procurement & Contract management leadership, drawing on specific capabilities.
- Ensure the procurement and contract management activities are undertaken in line with management plans and operational compliance applicable to the railway industry
- Manage supply chain and commercial issues between the business, rolling stock and system suppliers with a focus on improvement to delivery, reduced cost and greater operational flexibility
- Report and act on the commercial and procurement issues impacting the rollingstock fleet.
You will also have;
- Degree qualified in law, finance or Surveying discipline is essential
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in procurement and contract management roles
- Ideally Chartered Professional
- Ability to forge and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, customers and suppliers.
- Strong communication skills including strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently to organise and prioritise demands and handle multiple complex tasks
- Proven ability to manage and successfully deliver engineering activities with a dedicated small team of multi-faceted engineers a small team.
Re-location support is provided for the right candidate.
For more information please call Marian on 0422 246 989 or email your resume to Marian.Antony@2xmrecruit.com.au