About Our Client
Fast traslate Icon translate Our client is the largest privately owned and operated technology business in Australia backed by the Commonwealth Superannuation Fund, the Future Fund of Australia. The company ownership structure is majority Australian owned and further strengthened by the legally binding change of control protections that have entered into with the Commonwealth of Australia.
Fast traslate Icon translate The Project Accountant is responsible for supporting procurement within the company for the various construction activities underway, including end to end ownership of all finance aspects of the design and construction of our Data Centres. The role involves working closely with the Project Accounting and Finance team to prepare, reconcile and analyse the projects under construction to provide informative analysis to the stakeholders within and external to the business.
Project accounting: The largest focus of this role is to oversee the end to end finance aspects of the construction of a
number of company's new data centres. This also includes:* Attending monthly Project Control Group Meetings with the project teams to understand each development
* Flag commercial and accounting issues that will affect a project's out turn cost
* Identify changes made at the project that will affect total project costs
* Provide detailed analysis of the forecast costs to complete on all projects to ensure accurate capex forecasts
can be completed
* Advise and support Project Management Office (PMO) and Engineering team in managing their projects - in
terms of accounting and commercial aspects
* Collate all capex payable invoices received during the month and use these to allocate capex costs as
compared to budget in the relevant project financial report.
* Prepare Project Accounting reports to be distributed to the Board and senior stakeholders each month, including
identification of issues as compared to budget and forecast.
* Work with the Infrastructure Team to prepare a re-forecast, per project, on an ongoing basis, plus prepare
* Working with suppliers to identify risks and opportunities with contingencies on each project including raising
potential issues that may result in contingencies required to be used.
* Work with the Infrastructure team to understand the status of projects and identify any financial related issues to
be resolved.Communicate with suppliers and stakeholders: This role will act as the key contact with suppliers to liaise regarding any issues with invoice payment and financing dates, including:* Showing initiative to proactively liaise with suppliers and internal stakeholders and communicate issues with
invoices, options for resolving these issues
* Support the PMO and engineering team with ad-hoc queries
Oversee Capex accounts payable process: End to end accounts payable services for capex invoices, including
collecting accounts payable invoices from suppliers, managing the approval process with key internal stakeholders,
identifying invoices that are not approved and need communication back to suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
Fast traslate Icon translate * 3 to 5 years experience in Financial Accounting or Management Accounting
* Must be able to obtain and or maintain a valid Security Clearance applicable to the position (NV1 Minimum) for the period of employment. (Australian Citizenship)
* Highly motivated with strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and within agreed deadlines.
* Good team player who works well with others, proactively communicates with team members and is confident to build relationships with other staff throughout the business.
* Demonstrated ability of working in a small-medium team working to clear deadlines and under pressure.
* High level of organisational and planning skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines.
* Ability to deliver high quality outcomes that are accurate, complete and timely.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Interest in technology, systems and efficient processes.
* Ability to gain respect throughout the organisation.
* Willingness to add value and seek to speak up and improve the business processes.
What's on Offer
Fast traslate Icon translate .