Your new company
My client are a leading financial services company who offer various services on a national level. They are leading brand and extremely successful and well respected within their industry and they are looking for a permanent Property Fund Accountant to join their team in the Melbourne CBD. You will have the opportunity to progress your career with a company who are leading from the front.
Your new role
As a Property Fund Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Calculation and distribution of daily unit prices.
- Validating correct performance of funds and thus ensuring correct calculation and release of unit prices.
- Preparation of reconciliation between member record and general ledger.
- Preparation of payments via electronic fund transfer and cheques.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly accounts.
- Timely and accurate preparation of financial statements and half year financial reports.
- Timely and accurate calculation of management and custody fees.
- Timely and accurate tax and distribution calculation of trusts including finalising tax and BAS returns.
- Effective participation in and execution of ad-hoc projects and tasks.
- Review processes and develop initiatives to improve the customer experience and create efficiencies.
- Relevant compliance obligations met within agreed timelines.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this position, you will need to have:
- CPA/CA qualification and relevant degree.
- At least 3-5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in an end to end accounting role within managed or property trusts.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Stakeholder management focussed.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
What you'll get in return Great $$$. Permanent Opportuntiy. Career Progression. Fantastic office culture.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2593016