ABOUT THE ROLE
Smith & Wil Asphalting is a family owned and ran business servicing the Ballarat and surrounding areas for over 25 years.
We are currently looking for Full-time, Part-time and Casual Road Maintenance Workers and truck drivers for immediate start to work within our team to complete a variety of civil maintenance activities, servicing the Ballarat and surrounding areas to provide safer roads and access ways to all community members. The Road Maintenance worker/ Truck driver role will be responsible for the delivery of services as directed by the operations manager for the maintenance of road infrastructure.
Smith & Wil Asphalting specialize in a range of sealed work from private works (driveway, tennis courts ect), Council and State government resurfacing works, road shoulder repairs and maintenance, pothole and edge repairs to spray sealing resurfacing works.
You’ll be required to assist the team on site with general labouring duties. Travel within Victoria will be required with occasional nights away and occasional weekend work. No two days will be the same!
TO BE SUCCESSFUL
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have genuine personal values, a can-do attitude and be keen to learn and possess the basic skills to be part of an operational team.
· A Current Drivers Licence is essential
· MR to HC Truck license an advantage- Training may be available for the right candidate
· Construction Industry Induction White Card
· Knowledge of Worksite Traffic Management principals.
· Basic knowledge in use of plant and equipment required in civil works maintenance.
· Proven ability in the operation of mobile plant machinery and equipment would be an advantage but not a necessity
· Be able to travel within Victoria
· Be able to occasionally work some weekends
· Demonstrated experience in working within a team environment.
· Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues relevant to work activities and work area.