Your new company
Hays Legal has partnered with a global law firm to recruit for a Senior Associate - Commercial Litigation/ Construction position for their Melbourne office. You will join a reputable and thriving practice and work with a high performing and supportive team who view the broader success of the firm as paramount.
Your new role
In this role, you will work alongside Partners to advise Government, employers, main contractors, and other professional stakeholders, on all aspects of construction law, including procurement, contract production and negotiation, claims preparation and dispute resolution. You will be working with Blue-Chip and international clients. You will also;
- Provide advice and formal legal opinions on construction and project disputes
- Prepare claims ready for arbitration, litigation and determination.
- Be proactive in business development
- Assist with drafting and preparing documentation and contracts for construction projects.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Tertiary Qualification in Law & Admission to practice,
- At least 4 years PQE,
- Experience within construction litigation and arbitration,
- The ability to demonstrate excellent time management and efficient working,
- Demonstrated experience with building customer, client and stakeholder relationships,
- An interest in business development, building a practice and mentoring junior lawyers.
What you'll get in return
If successful in the role you will have the opportunity to work for a highly successful sector-focused Global Law firm. You will also receive an attractive salary package commensurate to your experience and expertise and will be eligible for bonuses and entry into our global management and leadership programs.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Aimee Lobban now on 03 8616 8453 or email email@example.com.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2574100