- Do you have a passion for creating safer and more resilient communities as we confront the challenges of sustainability and climate change adaptation?
- Are you an experienced professional or recent graduate looking to break into your industry of choice?
Either way, we are keen to hear form you as we have a variety of positions available.
Your new company
We are working with an in-demand bushfire and ecology consulting service operating across bushfire, ecological, arboriculture, archaeology, marine and restoration ecology and du to growth and exciting new projects, they have a variety of roles available.
Your new role
As a Bushfire Consultant you will;
- Be supporting the planning of structure plans and subdivisions, major tourist developments, and other special fire purpose protection facilities
- Contribute to and prepare Bushfire Attack Level Certificates, Bushfire Protection Assessment Reports, Bushfire Management Plans, Hazard Reduction Plans, Bushfire Emergency Evacuation Plans, building compliance certificates, and audits
- Work closely with ecologists, arborists and restoration ecologists to design landscapes that respond to bushfire risks
- Part time and fulltime applicants encouraged to apply
What you'll need to succeed
- An undergraduate degree in Environmental Sciences, Planning, or Building.
- Accredited Bushfire Practitioner or completion of required Graduate Diploma in bushfire studies and experience to enable progress to this accreditation with 6-12 months (graduate excluded)
- Excellent knowledge of relevant NSW bushfire planning legislation and Guidelines for Planning in Bushfire Prone Areas, Australian Standard 3959 Construction of buildings in bushfire prone areas
- Prior experience in preparing compliance certificates for CC and OC and the ability to interpret relevant NSW legislation
- Strong verbal and written comms skills including report writing and a high attention to detail
- Technical understanding of bushfire science, bushfire risk assessment and mitigation, and associated land use planning and approvals processes
- The ability to undertake site surveys and be flexible in locations for visits including overnight stays
- FPAA Accredited BPAD Level 2 & 3 (preferred)
What you'll get in return
- The opportunity to work for one of the industry's leading consultancies.
- Flexible working arrangements
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Professional development and career growth
- The prospect of working with likeminded, environmentally passionate people
What you need to do now
If you are interested in making the move into a new challenge and meet the criteria of this environmentally based role, please click 'apply now' to send an updated CV. If you would like a confidential discussion on any of these roles, please call Staci Baird on 0414 896 784 now.
LHS 297508 #2541121