- Lead the review and certification of varied projects in Telecommunication
- Opportunities available in Sydney and Brisbane & Melbourne
About Our Client
From modest beginnings, Valmont grew into a global leader, designing and manufacturing highly engineered products and services that support infrastructure development and agricultural productivity.
- We connect the world with 5G technology, beautify urban spaces in energy-efficient ways, make roads safer and help traffic move smoothly.
- We ensure reliable delivery of power to the globe by transferring it from the source to the end user and by making energy grids more resilient and resistant to catastrophic events.
- We engineer durable irrigation machines and connected crop management technology to maximize crop yields and optimize water and energy efficiency.
- We provide coatings services that protect against corrosion and improve the life of steel and other metal products.
They are passionate about their products and pride themselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering results. They pursue opportunities for growth by taking products and processes to new markets, developing new products for existing markets, and continually improving across the company to ensure that Valmont solutions are always the global industry leader. They are committed to Conserving Resources and Improving Life.
This role will involve, but not be limited to the following key tasks:
- Lead the review and certification of calculation, assessment, design and drawing (general/fabrication) of the lattice tower, monopole, different foundation types,
- mounting steelwork and headframe within Telecommunication.
- Provide design inputs for engineering process and certification, including design compliance with all relevant standards and safety requirements.
- Mentor and train junior engineers to aid in the development of their engineering knowledge and capabilities.
- Provide cross-functional leadership, project delivery and technical support to the engineering team and other internal departments, including liaising to ensure designs
are cost effective, practical and accurate.
- Assist with maintenance, improvement and development of engineering design tools.
- Assist in the design and assessment of telecommunication structure foundations including but not limited to pier, pad, pile and raft.
- Work closely with NEM to support delivery of the projects and achieving company goals.
- Consistently seek continuous improvement in your work and generate innovative solutions and ideas for the business. Ensure the best quality of service to our
customers and addressing all the clients' requirement in design and certification.
- Supervise and help maintain the accuracy of analysis, design and drawing documents including version control from the design to construction within the engineering
- Manage the archiving of all relevant documents as per our corporate governance and QA requirements.
- Actively involve and create standard designs and drawings and support the creation of prototype designs within the Site Pro 1 business.
- Provide absolute support to the sales and fabrication team during assessment, design and the delivery of the special projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Civil/Structural Engineering, with demonstrated knowledge of structural engineering design principles
- CPEng, RPEQ & NER qualification and registration
- Proven experience in an Engineering position as a Chartered Professional Engineer
- Experience with some or all of the following software's: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share Point, Checkpole, MsTower, SpaceGass, Teds, L-Pile, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Multiframe and Microstran.
- Experience in telecommunications structure designs, highly desirable but not essential.
- Highly developed communication skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Knowledge of safety in design and Australian standards including but not limited to AS/NZS 1170, AS 3600, AS 4100, AS/NZS 4600, AS 1657 and AS 2159.
- Experienced working with NBN, Optus, Vodafone & Telstra and Knowledge of their design process and delivery requirement.
What's on Offer
Working within a great team environment with significant experience on a large project the successful candidate will be given an opportunity genuine career opportunity. You will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary package, structured development, and the opportunity to lead key projects.
Opportunities exist in both Sydney and Brisbane markets, if this sounds like something you would be interested in please do not hesitate to reach out via for a confidential discussion.