Your new company
My client are a growing practice located in the scenic High Country of Mansfield, Victoria. They are looking for an experienced Senior Tax Accountant to join their team permanently. As a Senior Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for assisting clients with their accounting needs.
Your new role
As a Senior Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of Financial Statements & Income Tax Returns
- Tax compliance for all entities including Trusts, Companies, SMSF and partnerships.
- FBT, BAS and IAS preparation.
- Preparing strategic advice for client meetings.
- Developing relationships with existing and new clients and working alongside them to help develop the business.
- Identifying, researching and solving complex tax issues and being able to communicate that advice to partners and clients.
- Identifying potential opportunities for both new and existing clients
- Identifying and implementing new technologies that can streamline workflow and improve our client's businesses.
- Experience in all aspects of SMSF administration and tax preparation in Class based software.
- Able to provide SMSF strategies to place in a formal advice document.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have at least 5 years' experience in a similar role in a Public Practice accounting firm.
- A Bachelor of Accounting/Commerce/Business.
- Qualified CPA/CA (completed).
- Experience with MYOB and XERO
- Experience with Sage Handisoft products and Class Super (preferred).
- Fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to prioritise and delegate tasks to junior staff.
- Able to articulate complex tax issues clearly and confidently.
What you'll get in return
- An opportunity to join a supportive and growing company.
- Competitive salary package.
- Great working environment.
- Permanent opportunity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2565133