Your new role
This Council is looking for a passionate Social and Digital media officer to join their exciting team. The position is responsible for contributing to high quality digital communications to enhance the councils reputation. You will proactively promote the Council and local government area, and meet strategic objectives such as encouraging citizen and staff involvement. This Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety, sustainability, continuous improvement and business excellence.
The qualities listed below are essential to this role:
- Qualifications in communication, public relations, marketing or a relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in social media, digital communications/marketing and/or public relations, including the production of digital, marketing and other promotional materials.
- Demonstrated experience in updating web content through content management systems
- Experience in graphic design and/or the Adobe design suite software
- Ability to film, edit and produce video content.
- Strong understanding of social media, communication trends and emerging digital technologies, including the use of analytics to inform social media content.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative approach to working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Current NSW Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Knowledge of and commitment to equal employment opportunities, diversity, work health and safety and ethical practice.
- Experience in and/or knowledge of local government.
KEY DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, generate and publish high quality, engaging, rich and targeted social media content across public and internal social media channels and website.
- Maintain Council’s social media communications and monitor Council related matters on Council’s social media platforms.
- Monitor emerging technologies and trends in the development of social media and expand networks where appropriate in consultation with Digital Coordinator.
- Assist in providing content for and updating other digital communications channels.
- Support the unit in photography/videography at official occasions, events and community engagement activities.
- Provide advice on social media matters and ensure that the Digital Communications Coordinator is informed of any issue which may affect staff
- Manage social media related finance and budgets.
- Build staff capacity to deliver the Digital Strategic Plan.
What you'll get in return
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic office views
- A brilliant work culture
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , or call me now on +6129249 2297.
.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2657805