Job Requisition ID: 18288
- Be part of Australia’s largest cohort of graduates – meaning you’ll have a community of other grads to lean on and learn from!
- Be supported in further study and professional development like industry certifications, postgraduate study
- Have a buddy and career coach to give you feedback, support and advice
If you’re looking to join a team that’s collaborative, supportive and will nurture your career – Deloitte Tax is the place for you.
What will you get to do?
With the diversity in our teams, we can take you places. You would be part of a team that gives top-quality, practical advice that’s tailored to our client’s unique circumstances. This is your chance to learn from some of the industry’s top business experts and work with a variety of top-tier clients including multinational corporations and high net-worth families & individuals. Pretty interesting, right?
Looking to study further? We’re focused on supporting your learning, and that’s why our goal is to empower you with the technical skills to succeed. If you are keen to pursue a postgraduate qualification (such as a Graduate Diploma of Tax, CA or Masters of Tax/Law), let us know and we can hook you up with external support packages!
Your future starts with us.
With the diversity in our teams, we can take you places. Our supportive and diverse team is comprised of 2 main pillars:
- Global Employer Services – We help global employers navigate the tax, technology, immigration and mobility aspects through a global network of experts. We help them transform global programs in a cost-efficient manner and use data analytics, digital insights and other technologies to offer our clients tailored solutions.
- Indirect Tax – We're specialists in a broad range of increasingly important indirect taxes including GST, State Taxes, Global Trade and Advisory, Fuel Tax and Luxury Car Tax. We’re at the forefront of indirect tax policy and framing national conversations, as well as regularly and successfully leading litigation.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
We know that as a student, you may not necessarily have a ton of work experience, and that’s okay! At Deloitte, we recognise potential and want to help you grow more than anything else. As a bright, ambitious and incredibly hard-working student, you’ll also:
- Completing or have completed a relevant degree in Business, Commerce, Law, Finance or Accounting
- Be an excellent communicator – articulate and possess strong writing skills
- Love being part of a team and working collaboratively
- Be naturally curious and proficient at problem-solving
- An Australian Citizen (please note: Australian Residents/ New Zealand Citizens or those on a visa cannot be considered for roles in Canberra)
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
We are proud to have been recognised for our efforts in inspiring change and accelerating progress – check out our careers site for recent recognition in this space.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.