Your new company
Our client is a local council based on the Bayside of Brisbane and are currently looking for an experienced labourer to join their team.
Your new role
Based at one of Brisbane Bayside Council’s Depot, the position will form part of a work team providing assistance in recovery of recyclable materials from the waste stream and subsequent redirection of this waste, also general maintenance of the facilities. Duties to perform and selection criteria
- Direction of traffic
- Customer Service
- Identify and recover material suitable for resale
- Recover recycling products from customers
- Preparation and presentation of the recycling area
- Maintaining waste management regulations on site
- Load resale products into cage, trailers, containers, trucks and transport correctly
- Use of appropriate PPE in accordance to established procedures
- Communication skills with the public
What you'll need to succeed
- Good Customer service skills
- Cash handling skills
- Ability to cope with physical labour
- Must have previous experience in dealing with second hand goods and assessing their market value
- General understanding of principles of recycling would be an advantage
- Able to work over weekends
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
LHS 297508 #2469708