Nine is Australia’s largest locally owned media company with investments spanning television, video on demand, print, digital, and radio. Nine’s assets include the Nine Television Network, video on demand platform 9Now, talkback radio stations 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR, major mastheads such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and Australian Financial Review, digital properties such as nine.com.au, 9Honey, Pedestrian.TV and CarAdvice, subscription video platform Stan, and majority investments in Domain and Future Women.
As our newest UI Designer you will join our video streaming product design team at a really exciting time of growth of 9Now. You’ll be solving a variety of UI design challenges across different platforms including web, apps, Connected TV and consoles. Reporting directly to the Head of Design you work closely with fellow designers, product managers, technical teams and researchers to help define, document and deliver across the complete product lifecycle from early concepts to complete implementation.
Day to day you can expect to:
- Generate ideas and early concepts to explore product opportunities and solve problems.
- Produce a range of design artefacts including sketches, diagrams, wireframes, UI animations and prototypes.
- Craft high-fidelity UI designs and work closely with engineers to deliver the final product.
- Communicate effectively and articulate your thinking to other team members.
- Seek input from team members to drive better design outcomes.
- Participate in and contribute to internal workshops, design reviews and collaboration sessions.
- Contribute to team culture and knowledge sharing.
To secure an interview your application should demonstrate:
- a passion for consumer products - and homegrown TV – and user interface design.
- motivation and dedication to delivering high quality work.
- a growth mindset and willingness to learn and try new ways of working.
- the appetite to work in a highly collaborative environment.
What you’ll learn at Nine
- How to think beyond designs and prototypes - applying design thinking approaches to the product development lifecycle.
- How to develop a product vision and experience strategy for a suite of products.
- How to clearly define problems and frame your design decisions with rationale, data and research insights to increase the potential for product success.
- How to work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders to generate ideas while ensuring the right problems are being solved.
- Minimum two years hands-on experience working as a digital web designer and delivering UI designs.
- Experience using industry standard UI design tools, and knowledge of wireframing and prototyping tools.
- Keen eye for detail and an active interest in design trends and topics.
- Understanding of design patterns across multiple platforms.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to articulate your thinking to other team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to think broadly and creatively, and a flexible and collaborative approach to problem solving.
Desirable experience & skills
- Some familiarity with media & streaming industry and experience designing TV interfaces
- Experience working in an agile product development environment is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in After Effects animations to demonstrate product flow, transitions and micro-animations.
Within the greater product team we have intentionally fostered a dynamic working environment and collaborative team culture. We support individual goals and personal growth through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training. As part of our commitment to inclusion we support flexible work schedules and locations. To discuss what this means for you please contact the Tech and Product Talent Acquisition Lead email@example.com
Corporate perks and benefits include:
- Career development and quality training
- Flexible working arrangements
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carer
- Discounts on lifestyle, entertainment, and leisure memberships, including health insurance, dental and gym
- Access to Future Women – a movement to help women connect, learn and lead through unique content and events.
- Hackathons, themed showcases and events
- Discounts on products and services with corporate partners including Samsung, Apple, JB HI-FI, HP, Hertz Car Hire and TFE Hotels
Nine embraces all aspects of diversity & inclusion and is committed to creating a workplace that reflects the diversity of customers, audiences and communities we serve.
Media is a fast-changing environment that provides interesting design challenges working at scale. Don't miss the opportunity to be a part of this team.