Kempsey born Nakia Davis-Welsh has been selected into the NSW side to play Queensland in the Holden Women’s State of Origin Rugby League match to be played on Friday June 22 at North Sydney Oval.
The 22-year-old has two caps for NSW while she played four games for Australia at last year’s Rugby League World Cup.
The regular fullback will line up on the wing, with Sam Brenner getting the nod for the number one jersey.
Davis-Welsh was a member of the winning NSW Country side at the national championships played in Queensland last week, but she left the field in the first half with an ankle injury.
Davis-Welsh appears to have overcame the injury concern.
NSW Women's State of Origin team
1. Sam Bremner (Helensburgh Tigers)
2. Taleena Simon (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
3. Corban McGregor (Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks)
4. Isabelle Kelly (CRL Newcastle)
5. Nakia Davis-Welsh (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
6. Lavina O'Mealey (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
7. Maddison Studdon (c) (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
8. Elianna Walton (vc) (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs)
9. Rebecca Riley (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
10. Simaima Taufa (Mounties)
11. Talesha Quinn (Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks)
12. Kezie Apps (Helensburgh Tigers)
13. Vanessa Foliaki (Brisbane Easts)
14. Nita Maynard (Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks)
15. Rebecca Young (CRL Newcastle)
16. Holli Wheeler (Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks)
17. Hannah Southwell (CRL Newcastle)
18. Quincy Dodd (Cronulla-Caringbah Sharks)