The Seabreeze Beach Hotel Fishing Club held its monthly competition on the weekend of April 6 and 7.
What a weekend! Great weather, great participation with 116 entrants, plenty of juniors and plenty of fish with 116kg being weighed in. Also, plenty of prize winners as the results show.
Beach, Rock and Estuary section:
- Bream - senior - Damien Ashley, 725 gm; lady - Sandra Wantuch, 485 gm; "tenunda" girl - Olivia Wright, 470 gm.
- Dusky Flathead - senior - Bub Lyttle, 1.255 kg; lady - Margaret Wright, 1.280 kg; "tenunda" girl - Olivia Wright, 390 gm.
- Whiting - senior - Pat Halverson, 305 gm; lady - Wendy Halverson, 270 gm, junior boy - Arthur Douglas, 175 gm.
- Largest Other - Inside - senior - Tad wantuch - Kingfish, 8.160 kg; junior - Amani Ashley - Dart,370 gm.
- Angler of the Month - Inside - Senior - Damien Ashley with 6 species; junior - Amani Ashley with three species.
- Pearl Perch - senior - Grant Rowe, 1.935 kg; lady - Heather Osborne, 970 gm.
- Snapper - senior - Grant Rowe, 1.425 kg; lady - Bec Box, 3.110 kg; "tenunda" girl - Josie Box, 1.555 kg.
- Spotted Mackerel - senior - Chris Jordan, 6.225 kg; "tenunda" girl - Josie Box, 4.680 kg
- Largest Other - Outside - senior - Spanish Mackerel, 10.71 kg.
- Angler of the Month - Outside - senior - Col Barber with five species; junior - Josie Box with two species.
Let's hope for the same weather and conditions for next month's competition which will be on the weekend of May 4 and 5.
Hope to see you there.
Stay ahead with local news by signing up for the Macleay Argus newsletter here.
Also making the news: