The South West Rocks Surf Life Saving Club celebrated a productive and successful season with their annual Senior Presentation and Awards of Excellence on Sunday June 2.
Over eighty members and supporters of the club came together to recognise the volunteer life savers who patrolled over 1500 hours to ensure that our beaches were safe and once again no lives were lost.
All education awards were presented on the day, with thirteen members attaining Bronze Medallions, eight members gaining their IRB Crew Certificate and five new IRB Drivers.
There were many deserving members who gained perpetual awards recognising their volunteer efforts throughout the season.
- Club person of the Year went to Steve Smailes
- Most Outstanding Male went to Stu Cole
- Most Outstanding Female went to Renee Smailes
- Administrator of the Year went to Vicki Thomas
- Services to Lifesaving went to Logan McEvoy
- Volunteer of the Year went to Geoff Ball
- Patrol of the Year went to Patrol 1 - Andrew Packwood, John Casey, Laura Casey, Heath Needs,
- Sonja Taylor and Belinda White
- President's Award went to Billy Ball
- Director of Lifesaving Award went to Brayden Cook and Damien Owens
- Director of Administration went to Mal Roxburgh
- Rookie of the Year went to Josh McLaren
- Cadet of the Year went to Georgia Gaddes
- Encouragement and Achievers Award went to Olivia Bailey and Sarah Ray
- Most Consistent Patrolling Member went to Jakob Dyball
South West Rocks Surf Life Saving Club president Rod McDonagh thanked all the members for their dedication to the surf lifesaving movement this season.
"I am extremely proud of our members this season and the commitment and enthusiasm they have shown over what has been a very productive and positive season," he said.
"We are currently working on organising the 100 Year Celebrations for the 2019/20 season and welcome all past and current members to partake in these celebrations over the upcoming months".
Some of the above award recipients will progress to the Surf Life Saving Mid North Coast Branch Awards of Exellence on Saturday June 15 at Camden Haven Surf Life Saving Club.
Stay ahead with local news by signing up for the Macleay Argus newsletter here.
Also making the news: