Fashions on the Field is a fixture at every horse racing event, and with the Kempsey Cup just around the corner locals will be adding the finishing touches to their race-day attire.
With an impressive list of prizes for this year's winners, locals are encouraged to dress in their best on Friday.
Organiser of Fashions on the Field, Christine Shaw, said there will be three judges who will pick the winners on the day.
"We have three judges coming up from Sydney for the event. They will be looking for entrants that are beautifully styled in the latest ladylike fashion. They will also be looking for entrants who match their accessories with their dress," she said.
There will be a number of categories on the day including ladies under 30, over 30 and over 50, open men's and junior girl and boy.
"Every year there are so many wonderful entrants, it is hard for the judges to choose," Christine said.
Prizes for this year's Fashions on the Field have been donated by a number of local businesses and include:
- Return airfares for two from Port Macquarie to Brisbane with two nights accommodation donated by Alliance Airlines and Kempsey Travel & Cruise
- Clothing voucher from Harley & Rose Lifestyle and Fashion
- Akubra Hats voucher
- A men's suit donated by Berkeley Apparel
- Beauty products donated by Amcal Max Pharmacy Kempsey
- Two nights accommodation at the Seabreeze Beach Hotel
- A hamper of candles and products donated by O'Donnell & Hanlon
- Clothing voucher from Rawspice Boutique
- Kirstie's Skinsational Beauty Therapy voucher
- A leather bag donated by Mahalo Interiors
- A voucher for L-Bo Butchery
- Clothing vouchers for Topman and Industrie Clothing
- Ladies winners will also receive a bouquet of flowers from Ellerslie Flowers
"We have some really great prizes on offer for the winners this year," Christine said.
The Race Club would like to thank all of the businesses who have come on board to donate prizes for the Fashions on the Field."
Fashions on the Field will be open for registrations at 1pm, with the judging to get underway at 2.30pm.
"We're looking forward to seeing everyone dress in their best."
Stay ahead with local news by signing up for the Macleay Argus newsletter here.