The December competition of the Seabreeze Beach Hotel Fishing Club was held on the weekend of November 30 and December 1.
There were 84 entrants and as the conditions were reasonable several boats put to sea with some good outside species being weighed in. A total of 106kg was presented to the Weigh Master.
Results in the beach, rock and estuary (inside) section:
- Bream - senior - Bob Nips, 600gm; lady - Wendy Halverson, 650gm; junior boy - Damon Duncan, 415gm; junior boy "tenunda" - Darcy Gordon, 530gm.
- Dusky Flathead - senior - Matthew Duncan, 1.955kg; lady - Ethel Rowsell, 1.185kg; junior boy - Damon Duncan, 975gm.
- Whiting - senior - Pat Halverson, 320gm; lady - Margaret Wright, 395 gm; junior boy - Jack Riach, 290gm.
- Mulloway - senior - Matthew Duncan, 5.370kg, junior boy - Jack Riach, 5.905kg
Inside Angler of the Month - Pat Halverson with eight species. Junior Inside Angler of the Month - Jack Riach with two species.
Results in the outside section:
- Pearl Perch - senior - Greg Allen, 1.440kg.
- Snapper - senior - Wayne Gordon, 4.195kg; junior boy - Riley Gordon, 4.395kg.
- YT Kingfish - senior - Graeme Allen, 5.280kg; junior boy - Jack Riach, 6.300kg.
- Venus Tusk Fish - senior - Col Barber, 1.250kg.
Outside Angler of the Month - Col Barber with three species. Junior Outside Angler of the Month - Jack Riach with one specie. Next competition will be the weekend of January 4 and 5.
Stay ahead with local news by signing up for the Macleay Argus newsletter here.
Also making the news: