Playgrounds and skate parks in the Nambucca Valley will be closed from today.
Council has said the measures have been put in place following "the Federal Government directive from the Prime Minister's address to the nation" last night.
"Over this week [council staff will] install "grounds closed" signs at parks," council said.
Affected parks include
- Skate park Macksville
- Skate park Nambucca (Coronation Park)
- Anderson Park Valla - Kuta Ave
- Valla Road Playground
- Bellwood playground
- Gordon Park Playground
- Pool Park Playground (Macksville)
- Bowraville Playground and Skate park - Hennessy Tape Oval
- Taylors Arm Playground
- Scotts Head Playground - Buzz Brazel Oval - Vernon St
- Ferry Street North Macksville playground
- Prestons Estate Playground - Binnalong Park south Macksville
- Eungai Unkya Reserve - playground
- Eungai Rail Playground
Toilets in these parks will also be closed and signs will be affixed to the buildings to notify the public.
From today council's Administration Centre in Princess St, Macksville will be closed for face-to-face contact with the community.
Members of the community can continue to conduct business with Council via the website www.nambucca.nsw.gov.au or by emailing email@example.com
Council staff will continue to assist the community by telephone 6568 2555, email and correspondence during business hours 8.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
Mail can also be placed in the mailbox located at the front of the Administration Centre.
Payments can be made online or by mail.
Emergency Calls (After Hours) 1800 26 27 28