The Federal and State Liberals Nationals Governments will support construction jobs across NSW by jointly investing an additional $1 billion to deliver shovel-ready infrastructure projects and urgent road safety upgrades.
Federal Member for Cowper Pat Conaghan said getting shovels in the ground on local construction projects was important to help the region's economy recover from COVID-19.
"Every single job that we support makes a huge difference in our local communities - now and as we navigate out of the pandemic," he said.
"It's good to hear allocation of the $1.5 billion our Government announced for shovel-ready infrastructure projects in early June is happening and a total of $451 million is going to NSW.
"I look forward to seeing our rural and local roads upgraded by this investment and the safety for motorists improved."
State Member for Oxley Melinda Pavey said under the NSW Government's $500 million Fixing Local Roads Package, 10 local projects worth $4.6 million would be funded in the electorate of Oxley.
"The Fixing Local Roads Package will provide a funding injection to our community for road works such as pavement rehabilitation and road sealing," Mrs Pavey said.
"This work will support local jobs, contractors and businesses."
Round 1 Fixing Local Roads Package projects being delivered in Nambucca Valley are:
- Upgrading Tilly Willy Street, Macksville - $270,000
- Rehabilitating Wellington Drive, Nambucca Heads - $157,500
- Sealing unsealed sections of Old Coast Road, North Macksville - $257,400
- Sealing Boultons Crossing Road to Gumma Reserve - $316,800
- Sealing unsealed sections of Creek Street, Nambucca Heads - $18,750
- Rehabilitating Upper Warrell Creek Road near the Industrial Estate Bridge, Macksville - $77,700
- Total: $1,098,150
Round 1 Fixing Local Roads Package projects being delivered in Bellingen Valley are:
- Rehabilitating Deer Vale Road - $327,915
- Rehabilitating North Bank Road - $275,347
- Total: $603,262
Round 1 Fixing Local Roads Package projects being delivered in Kempsey Shire are:
- Rehabilitating and resurfacing South West Rocks Road - $2 million
- Resealing several rural roads in Kempsey Shire - $935,000
- Total: $2,935,000
The Australian Government has committed $191 million to build on the NSW Government's $500 million Fixing Local Roads Package. A further road project will be announced next week.
The rest of the Australian Government's $451 million investment in New South Wales has been allocated to a $120 million Pinch Point Road Program in Sydney and $140 million to further targeted road safety upgrades yet to be announced.