Wednesday March 10 saw 33 schools from around the Macleay Valley meet at Pam Guyer Netball Centre to contest phase one of the Netball NSW Schools Cup.
The Cup was played by male and femalestudents from public, independent and catholic systems in Years 3/4 and 5/6 in the Primary Division, and Years 7/8 and 9/10 in the Secondary Divisions.
There were competitive and non-competitive/social divisions in the Year5/6 divisions.
Kempsey along with Macksville, Taree, Port Macquarie and Coffs Harbour were the five regional centres hosting phase one, which was a round robin carnival.
The following schools progressed to the North Coast Regional Finals Day to be held in Port Macquarie on Tuesday July 27 (Primary) and Wednesday July 28 (Secondary):
- South West Rocks Primary School - Flames
- St Joseph's Primary School Kempsey - Purple
Year 7/8 Girls:
- St Paul's College Kempsey - Shooters
- St Paul's College Kempsey - Stars
Year 9/10 Girls:
- St Paul's College Kempsey - Storm
- Melville High Schools 9/10 Girls
Year 7/8 Boys - (progress as only team entered into local day):
- St Paul's College Kempsey - Sharks
Year 9/10 Boys - (progress as only team entered into local day):
- St Paul's College Kempsey - Shockwaves
If successful there, the teams then move onto the state finals at Sydney Olympic Park in September.
Also making the news:
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: