The Seabreeze Fishing Club held its May competition on the weekend of May 1 & 2.
There were 48 entrants and 28 kg of fish was weighed in.
Due to the weather conditions, there was very little from outside, many boaters deciding not to go out to sea.
Of those that did, three were successful in winning a prize.
Jeff Bryant caught the largest Snapper with a 1.2 kg specimen.
Col Barber a Venus Tusk Fish weighing at 1.370 kg and Greg Allen caught a Flathead weighing 530 gm.
The Beach Rock and Estuary (inside) section was different with all nominated species being caught.
- senior - Gary Johnson, 790 gm;
- lady - Ethel Rowsell, 680 gm;
- junior boy - Rylee Flanagan, 535 gm;
- junior girl - Olivia Wright, 705 gm.
- senior - Max Enklaar, 590 gm;
- junior boy - Rylee Flanagan, 1.065 kg.
- Damien Ashley, 675 gm.
- senior - Rob Gordon, 3.8 kg
Our next competition will be on the weekend of June 5 & 6.
The annual Members Presentation Day will be held at Little Bay Recreation Area on Sunday May 23.
Also making the news:
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: