The Macleay is down to one active fire with the Carrai East inferno in the Willi Willi area north west of Kempsey the only hold out.
So far it has burnt out more than 116,600 hectares and is listed as being controlled. The fire continues to burn in the areas of Boonanghi, Dungay, Hickeys Creek, Five Day Creek and Nulla Nulla.
Firefighters continue to work hard to control the fire.
If you are in the areas of Boonanghi, Dungay, Hickeys Creek, Five Day Creek and Nulla Nulla continue to monitor conditions and have a bush fire survival plan in place.
Be aware that there may be small areas of active fire burning for some time and watch out for trees and branches falling
If you are threatened by fire:
- Do not be in the path of the fire
- Protect yourself from the heat of the fire, wear protective clothing and footwear, cover all exposed skin
- If the fire impacts, seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire
- If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000)
- For a list of evacuation centres visit https://www.emergency.nsw.gov.au/Pages/for-the-community/disaster-assistance/disaster-assistance.aspx
- People are encouraged to register online at Register Find Reunite https://register.redcross.org.au/ before attending evacuation centres
- For a list of school closures visit https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-schools/school-safety.
- Stay up to date on bush fires in your area by checking the NSW RFS website, listening to your local radio station, or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737
- For information on road closures, check http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au. Roads may be closed without warning
Stay ahead with local news by signing up for the Macleay Argus newsletter here.