THE Macleay Valley's junior representative netballers are the first in their code locally to return to the training paddock after the relaxation of COVID laws on community sport training.
Currently, sporting clubs are permitted to train in groups of 20 with social-distancing still encouraged.
Last week was when the netballers first got the ball back in their hands with junior development squads, Under 12's, 13's and 14's representative teams all training on the Monday.
Senior representative teams in 15's and 17's all started on Tuesday.
Publicity officer, Sonya Murphy, said feelings at the first training were pretty mixed.
"Everyone was very keen, but also still in that mindset of worry and not expecting to be back at training," she said.
The current sessions run for one hour, with twenty minutes towards fitness and forty for footwork and skills. Once contact training is allowed on July 1 that structure will change.
The representative teams were originally selected prior to the COVID-19 restrictions on training, however Mrs Murphy indicated that everyone has managed to comeback.
The representative tournament is expected to occur in October, however without the opportunity to participate in local carnivals the preparation will be much more difficult.
As per, NSW Public Health Order guidelines, players, coaches and any visitors must sign in and sanitise with balls washed before and after training.
While you're with us, you can now receive updates straight to your inbox from the Macleay Argus. To make sure you're up to date with all the news, SIGN UP HERE.