The recent criminal activity in the Macleay Valley has led police to issue a timely reminder to residents to be vigilant and lock up to aid in crime prevention.
Police have issued crime prevention suggestions:
- Making sure sensor security lights are in a working state. Check to make sure the sensors are properly adjusted and that the globes are screwed in. (Offenders are known to undo globes).
- All perimeter door locks are in good working order and you use them. Even when you are in your home or out the back yard or front yard make sure doors are locked at all times.
- Make sure vehicle is locked in the garage and roller door locked.
- Handbags, wallets and house/car keys to be stored out of sight in closet/cupboard whilst at home as discussed.
- Get extra keys cut for your perimeter doors and keep secreted within arm’s reach of door.
- Have alternate place for secretion of medicines and valuables.
- Stay vigilant.
To discuss security issues at your home or business contact Mid North Coast Police Crime Prevention Officer, Senior Constable Steve Cherry on 65 830172.
Stay ahead with local news by signing up for the Macleay Argus newsletter here.
Also making the news: